Sunday, November 20, 2011

Catching up October and November

Playing a little catch up...

October 29th, 2011
BOO AT THE ZOO!
My first official appearance as Miss Utah's Outstanding Teen was at the annual Hogle Zoo sponsored "Boo at the Zoo." I couldn't have imagined a better way to begin my year! I was introduced to Gary Summers, the marketing president for Meadow Gold and he is delightful man. He is very gracious and does so much for the Miss Utah & MUOT Organizations. Danica and I were dressed as Fairy Princesses and I loved my costume! We spent the day signing autographs and greeting all of the kids that came to the zoo, all dressed up for trick or treating.

November 8th, 2011
I had the incredible opportunity of attending the Pro Hoops Make-A-Wish benefit basketball game with Danica a couple of weeks ago. What a phenomenal experience that was also very humbling and amazing. I met some Make-A-Wish kids, who have stories that are very inspiring. These kids are true champions. Among the athletes I got to meet were, Jimmer Fredette, Ronni Price, and a couple of Utah Jazz players. Even though meeting professional athletes was fun, the true stars of the night were the children having their wishes granted. It was amazing to see so much support for the Make-A-Wish foundation.

November 11th, 2011
MEADOW GOLD PROMOTION

On November 11th, Meadow Gold invited us to attend the Ream's in Springville's annual Holiday Open House. There were hundreds of people throughout the night and it was so much fun! We got to be involved in the trivia game for all of the kids in attendance. The manager of the store would ask a "Christmas related" trivia question over the intercom and then kids would run to us with the answer. It was so fun to see their excitement!

No comments: