Monday, January 17, 2011

Miss America Week!

What a fantastic week! I traveled with my mom, MUOT director Amy and her mom to Vegas on Tuesday. As quickly as we could drop our suitcases off- we were headed to the Planet Hollywood Hotel to pick up our special guest for the week- Jeanette Morelan, Miss America's Outstanding Teen 2010. She was my roommate for the week! We quickly picked her up- headed back to the condo and began getting ready for the FIRST night of preliminary competition. My "big-sister" Christina was awesome in swimsuit and evening gown!
The next day we spent most of our time shopping inside what is called the "trade show." It's a fabulous gathering of top pageant gown retailers and designers...any pageant girls' dream! I tried on countless gowns...it was pretty exhausting if you want to know the truth! We took a break for lunch and then shopped in the Miracle Mile Mall before heading back to get ready for the evening. Second night of preliminary competitions! Christina performed her vocal piece, beautifully! She sang "Footprints in the Sand" and it gave us all goosebumps! She looked so pretty and I was so excited for her. We met up with her in visitation afterwards to congratulate her on such a great performance. After visitation we decided to go to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream...sadly we arrived just minutes after it closed. Amy didn't want to give in so easily...so she leaned against the glass front door with her bottom lip out. The owner of the store thought it was hilarious and opened up just for us!! Amy told her who Jeanette and I were and she immediately asked to take a picture with us! She was a darling woman and I was thankful she let us be customers that night.















Thursday was filled with more shopping...and more shopping! But, I am happy to say that I found both my interview outfit and evening gown for Miss America's Outstanding Teen in August!! Nothing better than having that feeling! My gown is beautiful and so different from what I had originally pictured...but its AMAZING. Thanks to David and Carry and Regalia Magnificent Apparel for their generous sponsorship!

Friday was so much fun! I was able to meet up with some friends from the Cinderella Pageant circle and shared a fun breakfast with them. After that, we went to the Miss America "Show Me Your Shoes" parade...SO MUCH FUN! Christina looked incredible and we loved cheering her on!


Amazing costume! She is holding her designed shoe.
On Friday night, Jeanette, myself, my mom and Amy ventured out and went to Serendipity 3. I've been to the original Serendipity in New York City and this place didn't disappoint! It was sooooo good! We shared a signature frozen hot chocolate and 2 GIANT sundaes. We were all in heaven.  

Saturday we spent a few hours doing some shopping around Vegas. We went to a thrift store and had an absolute blast. We tried on silly outfits and actually found some really great jewelry!

 We then ate lunch and shopped some more...do you see the trend? Eat. Shop. Eat. Shop?
Finally the last night of competition was here! I of course LOVE Christina and I knew she was going to do well and when her name was called as a finalist we all started screaming and jumping up and down! She was beaming on stage and looked so amazing! The rest of the night I was trying to soak up all of the excitement in the theatre and just kept cheering as long as Christina was on stage. When the new Miss America was crowned- the entire place went crazy! It was certainly a memorable moment. I could not believe she was only 17, a year older than me and the same age as Miss America's Outstanding Teen! Teresa (new Miss A) was certainly deserving of the title and I know she will do a fantastic job this year! After the pageant, we got to see Christina again and she was SO happy and so energetic. We brought her chocolate and she was SO READY for some! I loved seeing her attitude and her positivity about the entire experience. She is truly and an outstanding representative for our state and a wonderful person inside and out. 
Congratulations Christina, the Miss Utah board and everyone who helped Christina make the top 11 judges selection. Miss America was a total blast and the people I met, associated with and shared ice cream with are the best people in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiare,
Thank you so much for sharing your memories of your trip to Miss America. You look beautiful as always.
Your Texas Cinderella friends,
Ms.Dede & Sheridan Mears

Chloe said...

I want to see a picture of your dress!